Castlevania Advance Collection Appears on Australian Ratings Board

Castlevania Advance Collection Appears on Australian Ratings Board

The Castlevania Advance Collection has appeared on the Australian ratings board, hinting that a new game featuring all or some of Game Boy Advance's Castlevania games may be on the way.This currently unannounced Castlevania Advance Collection was classified on June 18, and it lists Konami Digital Entertainment as the Applicant and the Publisher and M2 as the author. [ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/31/castlevania-aria-of-sorrow-the-perfect-portable-vania”]Konami owns the Castlevania IP, and M2 was responsible for developing the 2019's Castlevania Anniversary Collection that included a number of 8-bit and 16-bit Castlevania games like the original Castlevania and Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.In our Castlevania Anniversary Collection review, we said that it "may sport bare BONES emulation, but FRANKly that doesn’t matter, as most of the eight games are just so darn good."A potential Castlevania Advance Collection would most likely include Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and potentially the Classic NES Series version of the original Castlevania. [ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2016/02/17/top-25-game-boy-advance-games”]In 2016, we ranked the Top 25 Game Boy Advance games and ranked Aria of Sorrow #3, saying, "new gameplay elements, additional characters, enhanced visuals, and the amazing soundtrack combine to produce one of the best games in the Castlevania series, for any system."Castlevania: Circle of the Moon also made our list for the Top 10 Console Launch Games, where we said that it "took everything that made the franchise special up until that point and built upon it."[poilib element=”accentDivider”]Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected] Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.
Source: Castlevania Advance Collection Appears on Australian Ratings Board

Thanos Returns to Fortnite, This Time as an Outfit in the Item Shop

Thanos Returns to Fortnite, This Time as an Outfit in the Item Shop

Three years after being featured in a limited-time mode in Fortnite, Thanos is set to return to the battle royale as a purchasable outfit in the game's Item Shop for the first time.The Mad Titan himself will arrive in Fortnite's Item Shop on June 26 at 5pm PT/8pm ET/1am BST (6/27) and will be available alongside the Infinity Gauntlet Back Bling inspired by Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame – complete with all six Infinity Stones.For those who can't wait to play as Thanos, players will have an opportunity to get his Outfit and Back Bling early by entering The Thanos Cup on June 21. This Duos competition will task players with competing in up to 10 total matches in three hours to earn as many points as possible. The top-performing teams in each region will win these items early. Anyone who earns eight points will receive the Thanos Watches! Spray.Thanos first came to Fortnite in 2018 via the Infinity Gauntlet limited-time mode. While you couldn't purchase his Outfit or Back Bling back then, the mode let players search for the Infinity Gauntlet which would then turn them into Thanos when found. Once claimed, players would be able to take advantage of Thanos' massive jump, his devastating ground pound punch, and his ability to use the Power Stone to fire a purple beam at his foes.The Thanos Outfit will not grant any of those powers, unfortunately, and the post from The Fornite Team makes no mention of the Infinity Gauntlet LTM making a return.[ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2018/05/08/fortnite-avengers-infinity-war-gauntlet-thanos-gameplay”]For more on Fortnite, check out the latest on the alien invasion-inspired Chapter 2 Season 7 and every other Fortnite crossover Outfit released so far.[poilib element=”accentDivider”]Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected] Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.
Source: Thanos Returns to Fortnite, This Time as an Outfit in the Item Shop

George R.R. Martin's Elden Ring Contributions Were Done 'Years Ago,' He Says

George R.R. Martin's Elden Ring Contributions Were Done 'Years Ago,' He Says

Following the announcement of Elden Ring's release date via its first gameplay trailer at E3 2021, George R.R. Martin has confirmed that his work on Elden Ring wrapped up years ago. As reported by Eurogamer, Martin spoke to local news station WWTW when visiting Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism and discussed his career and his work on the much-anticipated Elden Ring. George R. R. Martin talks Elden Ring in new interview:-His work on the game was done many years ago-He wrote the worldbuilding & characters-From would periodically show him enemy & graphic designs-He is excited for the final game 🙂 pic.twitter.com/y5gUDvo2Hd— Mordecai (@EldenRingUpdate) June 17, 2021 https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"The game is called the Elden Ring and it's a sequel to a video game that came out a few years ago called Dark Souls, and it came out of Japan," Martin said. "My work on it was actually done years ago. These games, they're like movies, they take a long time to develop. Basically, they wanted a world created to set the game in, they wanted world-building."It's important to note that Martin may have misspoke when he said Elden Ring is a sequel to Dark Souls, as that hasn't been stated at all, although maybe he knows something we don't?! Probably not, but only time will tell."…They would come in periodically and show me some monsters they designed or the latest special effects or cool things, but the game has been very slowly developing and now it's coming out in January, I believe," Martin continued. "I'll be as excited as anybody else to see it." [ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/06/10/elden-ring-first-gameplay-reveal-trailer”]So, while Martin may not have been involved in every step of the process, he was responsible for shaping the lore and mythos of the game world, including some of the the bosses. Elden Ring game director Hidetaka Miyazaki told IGN that Martin "brought things to the table that we couldn't have done by ourselves, in terms of that rich storytelling and that sense of character and drama."Some of these things brought to the table were Martin's role in naming Elden Ring's location as "The Lands Between" and providing the foundation for the game's story. This, according to Miyazaki, should ensure the game's story is a bit less vague and more understandable in terms of lore and story than previous FromSoftware games.[ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/06/14/elden-rings-story-will-be-more-character-focused-and-less-abstract-because-of-george-rr-martin-summer-of-gaming-ign-news”]For more on Elden Ring, check out our full interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki, everything…
Source: George R.R. Martin's Elden Ring Contributions Were Done 'Years Ago,' He Says

Sony Wants to Support Cross-Play More, PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Says

Sony Wants to Support Cross-Play More, PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Says

After being one of the slowest to adopt cross-play, Sony Interactive Entertainment's president and CEO Jim Ryan has said the company wants more cross-platform multiplayer for PlayStation games.In an interview with Axios, Ryan clearly stated that "we support and encourage cross-play," while also noting that cross-play currently works with such big games as Fortnite, Rocket League, Call of Duty, Minecraft, and Destiny 2, the last of which will be available soon. [ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2018/09/26/why-fortnite-finally-having-ps4-cross-play-is-such-a-big-deal”]PlayStation doesn't plan on stopping there, and Ryan confirmed that "that number will continue to grow." This is a welcome acknowledgement from Ryan, especially following the controversy from 2018 related to Fortnite. After Fortnite was released on Switch, it was quickly discovered that players could not carry over their existing Epic Games account if even one game on PS4 was played. This also meant that PlayStation players could not play with other platforms, all while others could easily play together. After months of backlash, Sony finally allowed PS4 Fortnite players to play online with other platforms, and it showed a big shift in how Sony viewed the whole cross-play situation.[ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2018/07/02/sonys-stubborn-stance-on-cross-play-is-embarrassing”]That doesn't mean its been a smooth road, however, and it was recently revealed during the Epic v. Apple trial that Sony's contract with Epic had them extra cash from cross-platform play, specifically when players would purchase V-bucks on other devices but were still gaming on Sony consoles. There is also the recent issue with Gearbox and Borderlands 3, as Gearbox president Randy Pitchford recently tweeted out that cross-play would be coming to all platforms except Playstation consoles. To that, Ryan said he didn't want to talk about a "live business issue with a long-standing partner," but noted "our policies are consistent across all of the publishers."[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”slug=the-best-ps5-games&captions=true”][poilib element=”accentDivider”]Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected] Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.
Source: Sony Wants to Support Cross-Play More, PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Says

Netflix's The Witcher Season 2 Teaser Gives a Clue to Geralt's Destiny

Netflix's The Witcher Season 2 Teaser Gives a Clue to Geralt's Destiny

A new teaser for the second season of Netflix's The Witcher features our best look yet of Henry Cavill's Geralt and has given us a clue as to what destiny has in store for him.Shared by The Witcher's Twitter account, this 12-second clip throws a ton of scenes at us that go by very rapidly, but we do catch glimpses of Geralt, runes, Witcher medallions, weapons, snow, skeletons, and, perhaps most importantly, a hint that we may be getting another bath scene in this upcoming season. What does destiny have in store for Geralt of Rivia in Season 2? Here's a clue. pic.twitter.com/u1uXAnzUfG— The Witcher (@witchernetflix) June 18, 2021 https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.jsThis teaser follows a similar one that was focused on Ciri, the princess that Geralt will be taking with him to his childhood home of Kaer Morhen in season 2. The White Wolf will need to protect Ciri from the mysterious power she possesses while the Continent's kings, elves, humans, and demons strive for supremacy outside the walls of the castle, which is located within the Kingdom of Kaedwen.While no specific release date has been given as of yet, Netflix did confirm that The Witcher will be returning in the second half of 2021. If that's not enough The Witcher for you, Netflix is also working on The Witcher: Blood Origin, a spin-off prequel that is set 1,200 years before Geralt's adventures, and an anime feature film focused on Vesemir called The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf.[ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/06/11/netflixs-the-witcher-season-2-teaser-trailer-reaction”]Netflix has also announced WitcherCon for July 9, where we are expecting to hear more about the upcoming season and all the other Witcher projects currently in the works. Unfortunately, those looking for a new game announcement will be disappointed as it has already been stated that there will be such reveal at this event.[poilib element=”accentDivider”]Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected] Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.
Source: Netflix's The Witcher Season 2 Teaser Gives a Clue to Geralt's Destiny

Destiny 2's Looming Villain Is Just Trying To Trick Us Into Being Her Friend

Destiny 2's Looming Villain Is Just Trying To Trick Us Into Being Her Friend

Savathun walks among us. The creepiest villain in Destiny 2–one Bungie has been slowly revealing over the course of the last four years–is seen apparently inhabiting some human form in the Last City in a recent lore entry for the Season of the Splicer. Some kind of shape-shifted Savathun is wandering our streets, puking up black stuff, and trying her damnedest to keep from being exposed while she unfurls her various evil machinations on the game’s world.The way Destiny 2 has been building Savathun, one of the three incredibly powerful Hive gods and seemingly the big bad of next year’s Witch Queen expansion, has been absolutely masterful. Savathun has been a threat since vanilla Destiny 2, but we’ve only seen the effects of her influence as her many plans spread out across the game world. She’s popped up again and again, but not physically or personally–only as the implied puppet master behind various events. The Dreaming City’s whole three-week time-loop curse? That’s Savathun. She engineered pretty much everything that happened in the Forsaken expansion–so far as we know, anyway–and has been popping up here and there to be the monkey in the wrench time and time again since then.Now we know she’s actually behind the latest threat in the game, the Endless Night that’s blanketing the Last City. We have no idea what she’s trying to accomplish, but we know the Endless Night is sapping the City’s electrical power, increasing sickness, and gravely harming morale in a way that’s beginning to brew civil unrest. Savathun’s machinations are seriously dangerous and seriously damaging, and we’re struggling to even understand them, much less anticipate and circumvent them.Continue Reading at GameSpot
Source: Destiny 2's Looming Villain Is Just Trying To Trick Us Into Being Her Friend

Best Buy Flash Sale Competes With Prime Day: Laptops, Smartwatches, And More Friday Deals

Best Buy Flash Sale Competes With Prime Day: Laptops, Smartwatches, And More Friday Deals

MacBook Pro 13″ $1,500 (was $1,900) See at Best Buy HP Spectre 2-in-1 4K Laptop $1,420 (was $1,620) See at Best Buy Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch $130 (was $180) See at Best Buy Apple AirPods Max $499 (was $549) See at Best Buy Logitech Ultimate Ears Boom 2 Portable Wireless Speaker $100 (was $150) See at Best Buy Amazon Prime Day is sure to dominate the conversation around deals when it kicks off this coming Monday, June 21, but it’s far from the only retailer launching its biggest sale of the summer right now. The size and popularity of Prime Day has driven Amazon’s biggest competitors to launch their own competing sales at the same time, and Best Buy is always one of the biggest players in the anti-Prime Day space. Right on schedule, Best Buy has kicked off a major sale just ahead of Prime Day, called “The Bigger Deal” savings event–which feels like a playful jab at Walmart’s “Deals for Days” and Target’s “Deal Days” sales.Best Buy’s The Bigger Deal savings event is a series of 24-hour flash deals that end at 10 PM PT / 1 AM ET each night through June 22. Today’s main deals focus on “Summer Tech,” including smartwatches and portable speakers. You can also save on a new MacBook Pro, the AirPods Max, and a high-end productivity laptop from HP. There aren’t many gaming deals, but you can find big discounts on select games like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Hitman 3.Continue Reading at GameSpot
Source: Best Buy Flash Sale Competes With Prime Day: Laptops, Smartwatches, And More Friday Deals

Alexa Is Your Ticket To Ridiculous Pre-Prime Day Deals

Alexa Is Your Ticket To Ridiculous Pre-Prime Day Deals

If you’re an Amazon Prime member and have a device with Alexa enabled–including the mobile app–you can currently score some ridiculous deals on a number of Amazon products right now. These are substantially better deals than you’ll get ordering them via Amazon.com right now, and buying the new Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Kindle Paperwhite for a big discount is as simple as telling Alexa what to do. Through June 20, you can take advantage of Alexa-exclusive Prime Day deals just by saying, “Alexa, order an Echo Dot”–or any other eligible product that catches your eye.Some of the items that qualify are both the 3rd Gen Echo Dot and the 4th Gen Echo Dot, available for $20 and $25 respectively when using Alexa. The Fire TV Stick 4K is a ridiculous $25 this way, and it comes with an Alexa-enabled remote. These are all-time lows for these products. Of course, the fact that Amazon is referring to these as “early access deals” means they’ll probably be available online for all Prime members come Monday, but why wait until then and risk stock selling out? See all Alexa-exclusive deals at Amazon Continue Reading at GameSpot
Source: Alexa Is Your Ticket To Ridiculous Pre-Prime Day Deals

Mortal Kombat Star Hiroyuki Sanada Joins Cast of John Wick Chapter 4

Mortal Kombat Star Hiroyuki Sanada Joins Cast of John Wick Chapter 4

The cast for John Wick: Chapter 4 continues to get more and more awesome. First it was Donnie Yen, then Laurence Fishburne. Now, Hiroyuki Sanada–known most recently for his turn as Scorpion in the new Mortal Kombat movie–enters the fray as well, Deadline reports.Sanada’s role in the fourth John Wick film is still under wraps. He joins the aforementioned Yen and Fishburne, as well as pop star Rina Sawayama and actor Shamier Anderson as newcomers to the action franchise.Sanada started his career acting in Japanese television and film, and is best known there for The Twilight Samurai and countless samurai and ninja-themed films, but has made a successful transition to American film and television. In addition to Mortal Kombat, you can catch Sanada in Netflix’s Army of the Dead, HBO’s Westworld, and movies like Sunshine, Speed Racer, and the upcoming Bullet Train with Brad Pitt.Continue Reading at GameSpot
Source: Mortal Kombat Star Hiroyuki Sanada Joins Cast of John Wick Chapter 4