Jurassic World Short Film, Battle at Big Rock Released

Jurassic World Short Film, Battle at Big Rock Released

Update 09/16/2019: The Jurassic World short film, Battle at Big Rock, has been released. Released on Twitter, the 8-minute film introduces us to a family, a few dinosaurs, and the consequences of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. It’s lots of fun. Watch the all-new short film Battle at Big Rock now. #JurassicWorld pic.twitter.com/17MhQ5YGcE — Jurassic World (@JurassicWorld) September 16, 2019 Continue reading…
Source: Jurassic World Short Film, Battle at Big Rock Released

Top 10 UK Games Chart: Borderlands 3 Beats Gears 5 And PES 2020 In Busy Week

Top 10 UK Games Chart: Borderlands 3 Beats Gears 5 And PES 2020 In Busy Week

In a very busy week for new releases, it’s Borderlands 3 that prevails after coming top of the UK all-format physical sales chart. 2K’s new looter-shooter comes ahead of Xbox One exclusive Gears 5 and Konami’s newest sports title, PES 2020, which must settle for No.2 and No.3, respectively.The new titles push last week’s winner, NBA 2K20, to No.4 this week, while sales monitor Chart-Track places yet another new entry, Greedfall, at No.5. The final new entries for the week ending September 14 are Daemon X Machina at No.19 and NHL 20 at No.36.Interestingly, GamesIndustry.biz reports that Borderlands 3 is the biggest boxed game launch of 2019 in the UK–but that the game also sold less than half the physical copies its predecessor, Borderlands 2, managed back in 2012. Gears 5, meanwhile, sold just 25% of what Gears of War 4 managed in its own launch week.However, it should be noted that digital sales–which generally continue to increase–are not counted in the official charts, while Microsoft exclusives are now available for no extra cost with Xbox Game Pass. Finally, GamesIndustry.biz says PES 2020 week-one sales are up 18.5% on last year’s game.You can take a look at our verdicts on the week’s new games with the reviews below. Alternatively, you can read the full top 10 sales chart for this week at the bottom of this article, courtesy of UKIE and GfK Chart-Track. Note this table does not include digital sales data, and so should not be considered representative of all UK game sales.Borderlands 3 reviewGears 5 reviewPES 2020 reviewGreedfall reviewDaemon X Machina reviewNHL 20 reviewTop 10 UK Games Chart For Week Ending September 14Borderlands 3Gears 5PES 2020NBA 2K20GreedfallMario Kart 8 DeluxeSpyro Reignited TrilogyGrand Theft Auto VCrash Team Racing: Nitro-FueledSuper Mario Maker 2
Source: Top 10 UK Games Chart: Borderlands 3 Beats Gears 5 And PES 2020 In Busy Week

Orlando Bloom Reveals How Much He Was Paid For Lord Of The Rings

Orlando Bloom Reveals How Much He Was Paid For Lord Of The Rings

Actor Orlando Bloom’s very first major movie role was none other than Legolas in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. He’s now revealed how much he was paid for the 2001 fantasy film, and it might be lower than you would think. He appeared on The Howard Stern Show recently where he said he was paid $175,000 for the first movie.”Nothing, I got nothing. 175 grand . . . Listen, greatest gift of my life. Are you kidding me? I’d do it again for half the money,” he said, as reported by Metro UK.Bloom, who originally auditioned for a smaller role, Faramir, added that he re-negotiated for more money for The Two Towers and The Return of the King. “I was in a good spot. They negotiated pretty well for me to buy a couple of houses; it was that kind of money,” he said, according to The Playlist.Bloom went on to play Legolas again in The Hobbit trilogy, and presumably he was able to negotiate for a good sum. Bloom currently stars in the Amazon show Carnival Row alongside Cara Delevingne.No new Lord of the Rings movies have been announced, but a biopic about author J.R.R. Tolkien starring Nicolas Hoult in the title role hit theatres in May this year.
Source: Orlando Bloom Reveals How Much He Was Paid For Lord Of The Rings

Minecraft Reaches An Incredible New Milestone

Minecraft Reaches An Incredible New Milestone

Around a decade after its original release, Minecraft continues to grow and reach astonishing new player records. According to Business Insider, the game reached a new monthly player milestone.As of this week, the open-ended sandbox game has more than 112 million monthly players. This is up substantially from the 91 million monthly players that Microsoft announced in October 2018. The numbers count players on all platforms: console, PC, mobile, and others.To put Minecraft’s popularity in context, Epic announced in August 2018 that Fortnite had 78.3 million monthly players. Meanwhile, the MMO creation game Roblox reached 100 million monthly active users in August 2019.Minecraft still receives regular updates, while the game was added to Xbox Game Pass in April 2019; this no doubt helped expand the footprint of the popular game even further.Minecraft boss Helen Chiang told Business Insider that Minecraft is a game that people enjoy coming back to again and again. “It may not always be the one that’s in the forefront, because there are a lot of great games that continue to come out, but it’s one that they love to return to,” Chiang said.Microsoft acquired the Minecraft franchise and developer Mojang in 2014 for $2.5 billion. Series creator Markus “Notch” Persson is no longer involved with the franchise. He spent $70 million on a Beverly Hills mansion, outbidding Beyonce and Jay-Z for the home.Looking ahead, a Minecraft movie is on the way. Writer Allison Schroeder (Hidden Figures, Frozen 2) was hired to pen the latest draft of the screenplay The Minecraft movie is scheduled for release in theatres on March 4, 2022. There is no word yet on if it will be animation or live action, or a hybrid, nor do we know who may star in it. At one point, Steve Carell was apparently connected to the project, though it’s unclear if that’s still the case.The next new Minecraft game is the AR title Minecraft Earth, which is scheduled to release later this year.
Source: Minecraft Reaches An Incredible New Milestone

Friends Star Lisa Kudrow Would Do A Reboot, But It's Not Going To Happen

Friends Star Lisa Kudrow Would Do A Reboot, But It's Not Going To Happen

Friends is one of the most popular and beloved TV shows ever, but don’t expect NBC to bring the show back with a reboot or a reunion of any sort–though some of the cast would be up for it.Speaking at the Tribeca TV Festival recently, Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman shot down any possibility of a revival. “We will not be doing a reunion show, we will not be doing a reboot,” Kauffman said, as reported by Deadline. “The show was about that time in life when friends are your family.”The other creator of Friends, David Crane, commented in agreement with Kauffman. “We did the show we wanted to do. We got it right, and we put a bow on it,” he said.Given the immense popularity of Friends, the show’s stars have been asked numerous times over the years about a potential reboot or revival. The latest to weigh in was Lisa Kudrow, who played Phoebe. She said on Kevin Nealon’s hiking show that she would be interested in coming back for a new version of Friends, but it won’t happen.”If everyone else was doing it, I would do it; yeah. But it’s not happening,” she said, adding that she’s heard Kauffman and Crane talk about how Friends will never come back.In March this year, Kauffman talked about why bringing back Friends is a bad idea. “One, the show is about a time in your life when your friends are your family. It’s not that time anymore. All we’d be doing is putting those six actors back together, but the heart of the show would be gone,” she told Rolling Stone. “Two, I don’t know what good it does us. The show is doing just fine, people love it. [A reunion] could only disappoint.”The entire catalog of Friends is available on Netflix in the United States, and the streaming network reportedly paid $100 million to keep it there through the end of 2019. Starting in 2020, Friends will move to HBOMax.As of 2015, the show was bringing in $1 billion every year from syndication, with stars Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Kudrow, David Schwimmer, and Matthew Perry making $20 million a year from that based on their 2 percent share of syndication revenue, according to USA Today.
Source: Friends Star Lisa Kudrow Would Do A Reboot, But It's Not Going To Happen

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Passes Inglourious Basterds To Become Tarantino's Second-Biggest Movie

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Passes Inglourious Basterds To Become Tarantino's Second-Biggest Movie

Quentin Tarantino’s newest movie, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, will go down as one of his most successful at the box office. After another weekend in theatres, the movie has now made $136.9 million in the United States and Canada and $195.5 million from foreign markets. Globally, the period movie has now pulled in $329.4 million to become Tarantino’s second-biggest movie ever.Once Upon A Time In Hollywood passes 2009’s Inglourious Basterds ($321.5 million) to become Taraninto’s second-biggest movie, only behind Django Unchained ($425.4 million).Tarantino’s ninth movie, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt as an actor and his stunt double in 1969 Hollywood. Margot Robbie appears as Sharon Tate, while a long list of famous people have roles including Luke Perry, who passed away in March.GameSpot’s 9/10 Once Upon A Time In Hollywood review said, “It succeeds immensely at being a fairy tale–a recounting of a time and place, an attempt to capture the essence of Hollywood’s golden age, one that came to an end in 1969–but, maybe for Tarantino, never really ended at all.”
Source: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Passes Inglourious Basterds To Become Tarantino's Second-Biggest Movie

Sony Made A "Tragic Mistake" With Spider-Man MCU Split, Avengers Director Says

Sony Made A "Tragic Mistake" With Spider-Man MCU Split, Avengers Director Says

Spider-Man is apparently officially out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and now the directors of the latest Avengers movies have spoken about the decision. Speaking to the Toronto Sun, directors Anthony and Joe Russo commented on one of the biggest off-screen superhero movie storylines of 2019.Anthony Russo commented that the “marriage” between Sony–which holds the movie rights to Spider-Man–and Disney was not built to last.”We had a wonderful experience with that and I think audiences really appreciated that marriage. But we know how hard that marriage was to make in the first place, so the fact that the marriage fell apart isn’t really that surprising to me and Joe,” he said.Anthony Russo added that is was an “extremely long and hard process” to get Spider-Man into the MCU in Captain America: Civil War, which was his first appearance. Spider-Man would go on to appear in the MCU movies Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame, as well as his own movies Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home.Joe Russo, meanwhile, said the relationship between Disney and Sony was “a tenuous, fraught union throughout the whole process.” Marvel boss Kevin Feige was at the heart of the Spider-Man deal, and he was also working with Sony as a producer on their Spider-Man movies. That won’t happen in the future, however, and Joe Russo thinks it is a “tragic mistake” on Sony’s part.”But, I will say, stepping back and trying to be objective as possible, that I think it’s a tragic mistake on Sony’s part to think that they can replicate Kevin’s penchant for telling incredible stories and the amazing success he has had over the years. I think it’s a big mistake,” he said.Feige previously talked about the break-up between Marvel and Sony, saying, “We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we’d be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I’ll always be thankful for that.”Even with Spider-Man no longer in the MCU, Disney will continue to benefit from Spider-Man as it currently receives 100% of merchandise sales from Spider-Man.In other news, just this weekend, Feige revealed a never-before-seen Iron Man deleted scene that references Spider-Man…
Source: Sony Made A "Tragic Mistake" With Spider-Man MCU Split, Avengers Director Says

A Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scene From Iron Man References Spider-Man And X-Men

A Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scene From Iron Man References Spider-Man And X-Men

A newly revealed deleted scene from 2008’s Iron Man, the first Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 1 movie, has been revealed–and it seems to contain references to X-Men and Spider-Man.At the Saturn Awards this weekend, Marvel boss Kevin Feige shared a never-before-seen post-credits scene from the original Iron Man that he said he never intended to show to anyone outside of Marvel.”I’m about to show you a deleted scene that has never been seen by anyone before right now,” Feige said. The scene shows Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) speaking to Tony Stark about the Avenger Initiative and how he’s dealing with “gamma accidents, radioactive bug bites, and assorted mutants.” No doubt these are references to Spider-Man and X-Men.At the Saturn Awards, Kevin Feige revealed an alternate version of the post-credits scene from ‘IRON MAN’ with Nick Fury mentioning “mutants” and “radioactive bug bites”. It will be included in the upcoming INFINITY SAGA boxset. (Source: @BRMarvelNews) pic.twitter.com/AqzTokEc67 — DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) September 14, 2019The implication here is that Marvel was interested in having Spider-Man and X-Men become part of the MCU, all the way back at the beginning. That didn’t come to fruition completely. Tom Holland’s Spider-Man appeared in multiple MCU movies, but he’s out of the MCU now because Marvel, which is owned by Disney, and Spider-Man movie rights owner Sony couldn’t come to terms.As for X-Men, Disney acquired the franchise when it purchased the majority of Fox’s entertainment assets. However, there are no plans as of yet for the X-Men to join the MCU, though Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds has teased that Deadpool may join the MCU.The actual post-credits scene from Iron Man cuts off when Fury talks says, “I’m here to talk to you about the Avenger Initiative.”
Source: A Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scene From Iron Man References Spider-Man And X-Men